Internationalized Domain Names

Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) are domain names represented by local language characters.
Such domain names could contain letters or characters from non-ASCII scripts (for example, Hindi, Arabic or Chinese). Many efforts are ongoing in the Internet community to make domain names available in character sets other than ASCII.
Watch this Video to know more.

Malicious HTML in Your E-Mail Increasing

Spammers have suddenly cranked up the use of malicious HTML file attachments in recent days, according to security company Barracuda Networks.

Using a number of search engine optimization-driven subject lines, the latest campaign tries to get recipients to click on "harmless" HTML attachments which launches an obfuscated Javascript attack that sends users to a variety of websites peddling everything from bogus CODECS to pharmacy.

One in particular, a standard advertisement for fake antivirus software, installs a back door -- even if the browser is closed so by the time the HTML file has been clicked it is already too late. (See also "How to Spot an E-Mail Scam.")

The only defenses against this sort of attack are either for it to be filtered at the gateway so it never reaches the user, or for the user to disable Javascript in their browser. Security software on the PC might catch the exploit.

Spam built around HTML is nothing new, but does seem to have become a hot technique in the last year or so with some spammers. A popular variant is the bogus "Delivery Status Notification Failure," a sneaky way to get the attention of a user without arousing suspicion.

More recently still, the spammers started embedding the Javascript inside the HTML file (rather than as a simple file attachment), to spread the horrible Zeus banking Trojan.

"So yes, a seemingly innocent HTML email attachment can do plenty of damage, and while quite stealthy, definitely not harmless," concludes Barracuda Labs' researcher, Dave Michmerhuizen.

Since attachment attacks became a favorite tactic, spammers have tried almost every common format in existence, sometimes moving to obscure ones in an attempt to get around spam filters.

Microsoft Maths : Tackle the toughest Math and Science problems with ease

From basic math to precalculus, Microsoft Math helps you visualize and see mathematical concepts as you’ve never seen them before. It gives you step-by-step instruction, while providing you with a better understanding of fundamental concepts.

Microsoft Math includes:
  • Step-by-step instruction to help solve difficult math problems with the Step-by-Step Equation Solver.
  • A full-featured graphing calculator with large 2-D and enhanced 3-D color graphs to better illustrate problems and concepts
  • The Formulas and Equations Library—a resource with more than 100 commonly used equations and formulas to help you identify and apply the right one for your problem
  • The Triangle Solver—a graphing tool that helps you explore and better understand triangles and their parts
  • The Unit Conversion Tool—a handy tool that quickly and easily converts units of measure including length, area, volume, weight, temperature, pressure, energy, power, velocity, and time.
  • Ink Handwriting Support that works with Tablet PCs and Ultra-Mobile PCs and recognizes handwritten problems.
Click here to know more about Microsoft Maths.

Explore the Beauty of the Web with Internet Explorer 9 (Beta)

Most of the websites and browsers use only 10% of the PC's processing power. Internet Explorer 9 tries to unlock the remaining 90%.
Internet Explorer 9 taps into your PC's graphics processor through Windows to exploit the full potential of your PC.
Internet Explorer 9 tries to make the HD video smoother, colors truer, graphics clearer, and websites more responsive. Combined with the new JavaScript Engine, the web now performs like an application direcly installed on your computer.
Click here to know more about Internet Explorer 9 and to download it.